Together Everyone Achieves More
Parents and educators in the California Association for the Gifted (CAG) have been the principal supporters of gifted learners in California since 1966. The program benefits that gifted children enjoy today are a direct result of that support.
Your CAG membership makes you part of the TEAM working for gifted education. Through your membership in CAG, you clearly demonstrate that you actively support gifted education in California.
Your membership entitles you to the following resources and benefits:
- Gifted Education Communicator
- CAG’s quarterly journal
- CAG’s electronic newsletter
- Reduced registration fees for the annual conference and all other CAG events
Your membership also supports:
- CAG’s work with the California Department of Education and California’s legislators, to ensure that gifted education continues in California.
- Research and development, books, position papers, and other resources focusing on issues, policies, and practices that impact the education of gifted and talented students.
- CAG’s Teacher Institutes and Parent Institutes that teach theory and practice essential to the education of gifted students. The positive “spillover” effect for all students is well documented.
- The volunteer services of parent and educator representatives in each region, who provide resources at a local level.
- Continued free access to CAG’s website an important resource with information about gifted education and CAG news and events that benefits all gifted families, educators, and administrative teams.
- Scholarships and grants recognizing educational excellence, and awards honoring distinguished service in the field of gifted education.
- Resources that inform school districts on language that can be used in District LCAP plans
- Professional Development that supports differentiating Common Core Standards for gifted students
Please choose a Membership option:
Individual membership $75 provides one voting ballot and registration discounts for all CAG Institutes and the annual conference.
Two-year individual membership $140 provides everything noted above at a two-year discount.
Individuals who have limited income may register for a membership at a discount rate of $25 – one year only.
Family membership $100 provides two voting ballots, and everything noted above. Mailings sent to one home address only.
An Institution, such as a school or district, can sign up five members for $325. This provides five voting ballots, five registration discounts for all CAG Institutes and the Annual Conference, and includes four free parent registrations for the Annual Conference. Other benefits as noted above apply. Each Institutional Contact must be registered separately.
Life membership $1000 provides one voting ballot and all benefits noted above. In addition, Life members are recognized in the annual conference program and receive complimentary copies of each new CAG publication.
Credential Student $25 is for a credential, certification, and induction program members (maximum two years only) and provides one voting ballot and other benefits as noted above. (Signature of University or BTSA advisor required on membership application).
Give the gift of membership! Help a school in your area! CAG is now offering corporations or individual sponsors the opportunity to purchase a corporate/sponsor memberships for only $300 and to give those memberships to a school of their choice. You may designate the 4 specific teachers you want to the memberships to be given to or leave it up to the school to decide. This would make a wonderful gift to a school in your area.