Together Everyone Achieves More
Becoming a Member of the California Association for the Gifted Gives You a Voice!
Parents and educators in the California Association for the Gifted (CAG) have been the principal supporters of gifted learners in California since 1966. The program benefits that gifted children enjoy today are a direct result of that support.
Your CAG membership makes you part of the TEAM working for gifted education. Through your membership in CAG, you clearly demonstrate that you actively support gifted education in California.
Your membership entitles you to the following resources and benefits:
Gifted Education Communicator
CAG’s quarterly journal
CAG’s electronic newsletter
Reduced registration fees for the annual conference and all other CAG events
Your membership also supports:
- CAG’s work with the California Department of Education and California’s legislators, to ensure that gifted education continues in California.
- Research and development, books, position papers, and other resources focusing on issues, policies, and practices that impact the education of gifted and talented students.
- CAG’s Teacher Institutes and Parent Institutes that teach theory and practice essential to the education of gifted students. The positive “spillover” effect for all students is well documented.
- The volunteer services of parent and educator representatives in each region, who provide resources at a local level.
- Continued free access to CAG’s website an important resource with information about gifted education and CAG news and events that benefits all gifted families, educators, and administrative teams.
- Scholarships and grants recognizing educational excellence, and awards honoring distinguished service in the field of gifted education.
- Resources that inform school districts on language that can be used in District LCAP plans
- Professional Development that supports differentiating Common Core Standards for gifted students